The Sims 1 is the first official game release in The Sims series.
- Developers: Maxis, Edge of Reality
- Publishers: Electronic Arts
- Release date: 2000
- Genre: Life Simulation
The Sims 1 Trailer
How to Download and Install The Sims 1
- The Sims 1, as it was released back in 2000, is now considered a “retro game”, and is, therefore, more expensive and more difficult to get than later releases of the game.
- The game is still commercial, and therefore no free download will be available.
- To buy the game, please click on the download link below.
The Sims 1 System Requirements
- Microsoft Windows
- Windows 98 and up, 233 MHz Pentium II or faster, 64 MB RAM, 4x or faster CD-ROM drive, DirectX 6.0-compatible sound card and graphics card (card must have 2 MB on board memory and able to display at 800×600 with 16-bit color)
- Linux Kernel 2.2 or higher, Glibc 2.1.3 or higher, XFree86 4.0 or higher or equivalent, 350Mhz Celeron/Pentium II/Duron/Athlon or faster or equivalent, 64Mb of ram, 128 recommended, sound card supporting OSS or ALSA, video card capable of 16 bit color and 800×600 resolution, nvidia GeForce GPU recommended with 16mb of video ram. (NOTE: This is the ported Linux version from TransGaming)
- Apple Macintosh
- Mac OS X 10.0.3 or later -or- Mac OS 8.6 or 9.x with CarbonLib 1.2.5 or later, 233 MHz or faster PowerPC G3 or G4, 64 MB RAM (Mac OS 8/9) or 128 MB RAM (Mac OS X), G3/333 MHz recommended; 128 MB of RAM